As a quality assurance lead at UserIQ, you will be helping to test our analytics backend that handles thousands of events per second. All of our data has users in mind so retrieving analytic analysis quickly and without interrupting other services is of paramount importance. Our event pipeline utilizes many new technologies which include Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, distributed Postgres, Apache Spark, and others. These systems allow us to evaluate and get actionable information for web application and mobile users in near real time. This provides our customers an opportunity to engage with their users in the moment and with context. Our system handles both a mix of web, mobile, and synthetic data via a unified API. This mixture of systems provides a unique challenge to testing and requires someone able to suggest the appropriate tool for the job.
Purpose for this role
We’re looking for a self-starter who can take a set of requirements and prototype, test, profile, and iterate on ideas efficiently. You are a team player and are comfortable asking questions and collaborating on ideas, but also like to work autonomously on provided tasks or requirements and see it through to the end. You are also passionate about delivering on a provided deadline. As a quality assurance lead, we are looking for you to provide guidance and direction to our quality assurance team. You will iterate on our testing policies and make decisions alongside the Lead Engineer and Director of Software Engineering on how to best test and reduce defects found before they become generally available.
Requirements, Skills, Traits & Competencies
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of direct experience in software quality assurance
- 1+ years of experience managing or mentoring junior engineers
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes
- Strong understanding of software service patterns, REST, and JSON format
- Experience with Selenium and one of the following, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, Junit, or Qunit
- Experience with CI/CD using cloud architecture
- Self-starting, motivated, and determined individual
- Design and develop automated test scripts and scenarios
- Collaborate with the customer success and product development teams as requested on acceptance criteria.
- Develop and execute thorough test plans in a timely manner
- Improve the quality of the testing processes
- Stay current on new technologies with recommendations on how to best test new paradigms and pattern shifts. Example: Component-based frontends