Who you are:
You believe culture is “the” competitive advantage in any business and you enjoy creating a work environment that is nurturing, fun and productive. You love to unleash your creative juices whenever possible – whether it’s coming up with the next employee event or snack of the month. You are also a stickler for the details and can see cracks in operations that require ongoing process improvements. You thrive on being the office “go-to” person, but at the same time consider yourself a learn-it-all who values training and education.
Does this sound like you? If so, we are looking for a dynamic People and Culture Coordinator who can help manage our growing office and employee needs.
Who we are:
UserIQ creates an exceptional product experience by delivering what each user needs to be successful in the moment. As a result, you’ll accelerate onboarding, improve feature adoption, reduce churn, and ultimately drive more revenue throughout the customer journey.
As our People and Culture Coordinator, you will…
- Facilitate employee training and development – You will partner with our leadership team to create an impactful employee onboarding experience. You will conceptualize, plan and build new hire and ongoing training programs which are aligned UserIQ’s strategic goals.
- Develop policies and processes that work for us – You leverage empathy to design an enhanced employee experience. You will recommend new approaches, policies and programs to achieve continuous improvements and tenacious quality in the employee experience.
- Plan and execute team events – UserIQ has a people first strategy that is centered around connection and collaboration. From time to time there will be offsite (and onsite) events that include our team members. You will be instrumental in building the strategy of these events, planning and then executing.
- Build and nurture our company culture – You will align recognition programs to our culture strategy that are aligned to company goals, engage team members in their work and seek to build loyalty and long term commitments.
- Support the CEO and other leaders as required with scheduling and recruitment needs.
- Perform other administration duties as assigned, including ensuring the office is properly stocked with supplies and snacks.
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience (within a B2B SaaS company a big plus!)
- Demonstrates a motivation to achieve goals without exception
- Data-driven, process and detail-oriented
- Maintains a professional but confident and outgoing demeanor
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Quick thinker who can track and adapt to ongoing change
This individual will work out of the company’s office in Buckhead, Atlanta.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected] with the subject “People & Culture Coordinator.”