Purpose for this role
Mid-level software engineer whose primary purpose is to keep the codebase in a constant state of iterative refinement. We’re looking for a self-starter who can take a set of requirements and prototype, test, profile, and iterate on ideas efficiently. You are a team player and are comfortable asking questions and collaborating on ideas, but also like to work autonomously on provided tasks or requirements and see it through to the end. You are also passionate about delivering on a provided deadline. As a software engineer we’re looking for you to build upon and maintain our frontend codebase as well as interact with our backend API’s.
Skills, Traits & Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use all available resources (books, stackoverflow, google, etc.) to identify and test solutions to problems you haven’t seen before
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, designers, and backend engineers to support web application operations and meet project deadlines
- Troubleshoot and resolve code issues
- Review new code (self and peer) following web standards and strict QA guidelines
- Support and efficiently debug issues that are brought forth by both our Sales and CS teams
Typically reports to the Engineering Manager or Director of Software Engineering.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Working knowledge of Git
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Node.js