Why does this position exist?
We’re a growing technology company going after a huge market: Customer Success. We need a CS leader for our own team to make this happen.
Own the entire customer lifecycle right after the initial sale and throughout the duration of the relationship. You are responsible for the overall onboarding strategy (implementation and training), performance analytics and learning outcomes of your team, and customer retention.
- Lead world-class Customer Success team
- Drive customer success outcomes
- Increase renewal rates and reduce customer churn
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Evangelize and drive the long-term strategy for our customer success team
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle
- Chart the end-to-end pre and post-sales customer journey
- Develop listening points (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.) and standardize unique touchpoints for each area of the journey
- Define segmentation of UserIQ customer base and varying strategies for each
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Define operational metrics for the team
- Create a consistent cadence for team performance reviews
- Expose a subset of metrics to the executive team, company, and board
- Attract high-potential individual contributors into the team
- Create rapid onboarding process for new team members
- Foster collaboration within the team and across the customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within the team
- Inspire a customer success mindset
- Create company-wide culture of customer success
- Align with Marketing around customer marketing to existing clients
- Align with Product around driving the product roadmap
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Align with Finance around measurement and forecasting
- Align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop
- 5+ years of experience leading a customer success team— through rapid growth while achieving operational excellence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate complex business challenges by aligning internal and external stakeholders on a common goal.
- Unafraid to roll-up your sleeves, get it done, and “lead from the front.” Hold servant leadership as a core value.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where you don’t just roll with it – you are prepared to initiate and thrive in it.
- Multiple years of leading, growing, and scaling top-performing teams in Customer Success for B2B.
- Operationally-minded and data-driven to ensure teams are as productive and efficient as possible, while also producing the right outcomes for customers and for the business.
- Strong ability to inspire, build, and lead a team and coaching/mentoring them to be successful and empowered to deliver on their goals.
- Have managed teams of 4 or more direct reports with also themselves owning some form of direct account management.
- A passion for creating onboarding excellence and a prior experience owning and managing the customer onboarding experience.
- Be the voice of the customer: measure the effectiveness of Customer Success by defining operational metrics, establishing tracking systems, and reporting to the company, executive team, and board
Who we are:
UserIQ helps businesses realize the full value of customer success by equipping teams with product analytics, customer insights, health indicators and user engagement tools. Leveraging our platform, the CS team has everything they need to fight churn, grow accounts, and focus all their energy on making users successful.
The best companies care deeply about making their users successful. Successful users means everyone wins. This is our passion and we work with Customer Success leaders who are equally passionate about maximizing every user moment.
This role is based out of the company’s Atlanta office.