SaaStr Annual is the one of the most notable events for the SaaS community each year, and it’s grown massively since its inception in 2015. We’re thrilled to be a gold sponsor this year and for our team to be attending in full force to learn from top VC, CEOs, VPs and more, and to connect with SaaS folks from across the country.
We thought we’d share a few helpful tips for making the most out of your time as an attendee so you can come away feeling refreshed and ready for action!
1. Download the SaaStr Events app to stay up to the minute on event details.
The SaaStr Events app (iOS and Android) allows you to create your own agenda so you’re never late to the sessions you’re most excited for or confused about where to go. It also gives you the chance to learn more about each of the speakers and sponsors that help make SaaStr such a top-notch event. You can upload photos, create polls, and chat with other attendees.
2. Arrive early to register and network, network, network!
Arriving early at SaaStr has the advantage of some extra networking time and warm-up content. From 10am–12pm on Tuesday, February 7th (“Level Up” day) is a Meet Your Peers session where the team at SaaStr will help you meet other attendees at your stage and level. After lunch there will be some break out sessions for smaller groups around functional areas so you can chat with others in your space about the topics that are most important for you.
3. Set meetings with key attendees, speakers and sponsors before the show
With more than 10,000 expected attendees, you’ll need to use your time wisely at SaaStr to connect with people you might not have the chance to otherwise. Create a plan for pre-show outreach to set up meetings with some of the most interesting attendees and speakers, and make sure you’ve taken a look at the sponsor booths to check out companies you’re most interested in.
Additionally, interact with attendees, speakers, sponsors, and the SaaStr team on Twitter and Instagram using #SaaStr or #SaaStrAnnual. Check out our blog post on 10 SaaStr Speakers to Follow on Twitter to help you get started.
4. Don’t miss the after-hours events!
When you’ve spent the entire day learning, it’s good to kick back and relax. Don’t forget to enjoy yourself at the many happy hours, networking parties, and sponsored events that abound!
Following the happy hour on Tuesday, there will be six “Peas and Pods Parties” to choose from, each related to a specific function or domain so you can mingle and make new friends on your first day. From Bootstrappers to Customer Success, Marketing to Product, there will surely be an after party fit for you. Then on Wednesday will be the ever famous “Big Party” complete with musical acts and plenty of room to dance (or pitch a VC). These events are a great opportunity to get face time with speakers you found inspiring or attendees you connected with on Twitter.
5. Pack smart! Here are a few items we never attend a conference without:
- Extra phone, laptop, and tablet chargers (portable ones are best since you’ll want to stay on the move).
- Comfortable shoes
- Room in your suitcase for swag
- A pen, a notebook and a whole bunch of business cards
- A water bottle that’s never empty and a healthy snack to keep up your energy (but don’t worry, we’ll have plenty of energy-boosting trail mix at our booth in case you forget).
He gives a great overview of what to look forward to, like more tactical content, double the “unicorn” CEOs, better founder-to-VC sessions, and a bigger “Big Party.”
7. Stop by booth #23 to say hello to the UserIQ team and play Plinko with us for a chance to win some awesome prizes!
And don’t forget to schedule a meeting with our friendly sales team while you’re there to learn more about our Customer Growth Platform™.